Monday 17 March 2014

Thankfulness is the key to life.

Thankfulness. Just saying thank-you -and meaning it- is not something that is done often.

I don't know what culture you are from, but in England, "thankyou" is just as common as "hello". Its something we say and is ingrained in us from being children, weather we mean it is another matter. However, in all cultures 'thank you' is something that is often not really meant. To be truly grateful for everything that we have and to count our blessings one by one and take the time to appreciate them is rare. However, it is a key to living a good life. There are so many things we all take for granted in our lives, but what if everything you're not actually thankful for was to disappear tomorrow? Would that make you think more about what you are thankful for?
So often, I don't take the time to actually think about what I have. And not complain or find a problem in it. I find myself saying "well yes, I do have food but its not the food I want". Well, its still food is it not? It may be wholemeal (Wholeweat) bread instead of the seeded one of my preference but it is still good.

Thankfulness is something that has to be thought about, deliberately and spoken about by choice. Am I the only one who finds it easier to talk about what I don't have, what I can't do and what I don't do than everyone else? I've noticed this, so I've decided to change my mindsets on the matter. Everyday, I choose to say what I like about my day, think about it and be actually thankful for it. Not only that, but It makes me feel better to know that there are good things in life that I have.

So my challenge for you is to start to think about being thankful for what you actually are thankful for, to choose to think and talk about these things by choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment