Friday 21 March 2014

Look outwards its less depressing.

Why do I do that? What am I thinking? How do I feel about that? Why did I just react that way? Why am I angry?

These are questions I constantly ask myself. Constantly. I mean, I'm an analyser by nature. A deep thinker by nature, always wanting to know to try and understand. But I always over think, always get stuck on a line of thought, one thought just spirals and I follow down the path of thoughts. We all overthink certain things in our lives. We look inwards, I don't know about you but I can get so stuck in my mind I forget how to have a conversation at all with anyone. I spend all that time alone, me and my brain that talking to someone about something 'small-talky' is hard. I was told I needed to stop looking inwards and look outwards, this was a very accurate statement so I did it. I was told that I viewed things on a negative slant and I needed to just enjoy life so I'm changing them stubborn mindsets.
Looking outwards is harder at first, but more freeing in the long run. Looking at the world, so much bigger than I. Thinking about something other than trying to work everything about me out, trying to know myself all the time is just exhausting. I'll accept it, I'll say what I fear; The unknown, the fact that I just don't know. I don't know what I'm doing, where I'm going and who I am. Oh I'm learning about all these things. Looking inwards isn't going to give me the answer I crave.

Look outwards, see your life in perspective in reality. We get told to the old age cliche to see the 'bigger picture'. Thats too cheesy and said too much to mean anything anymore, but see a picture bigger than you. You're life is bigger than what rubbish you're dealing with, that niggle, that lie. You're life is so much more important than how you feel. You are special, significant loved by the one who is love. So maybe we should see it from the outwards, be less judgemental of ourselves and go a bit easier! A man once said to me: " struggle is the sign you're not yet defeated". You are not defeated by friend. Not one bit, but looking inwards will depress you. It did for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment