Monday 7 April 2014

Lies vs. Truth



I'm coming to this realisation more and more that we've being lied too... 

We've believed lies about ourselves that are not true. That we can't achieve, that we are not capable, that we are not loved and not valued. I've said this before on this blog but its become a deeper revelation to me all the time. The things I've believed over the truths, the one I'm battling at the moment is if I am capable. I just started a blog, can I get readership? Will people be interested in what I have to say? What will they think of me? All these thoughts have caused me to not sleep, to worry endlessly, to spend my days mindlessly worrying about what others believed about me because some years back I believed a lie that I wasn't liked. This was in some ways true at the time but in no way is it true any more. Now I get down on myself and fustrated that I really believed lies. I've said that my biggest enemy is myself, I'm always battling with me. With my mind and with my thoughts, but I've being lied too and I took the bate. I'm now spending my time unravelling these lies and instead replacing them with truth. 

The best lies are so subtle you think its truth...

So, you failed A test. The lie says you'll fail every test. It is that sneaky. YOU WON'T FAIL EVERY TEST and you're not a failure. I see broken people all the time, and I think to myself, what has being said to them, what have they spoken over themselves. Because the lie comes, we accept it and then it becomes a self-fulling prophecy. 

You have more power than you think you do...

Okay, so you won't go from feeling rubbish to feeling amazing in 24 hours. But over time as you mediate and declare the truth you will begin to believe the truth; you have the power over your mind. 

I've started to declare the truth instead... 

I can achieve my dreams. I won't believe I can't achieve.
I AM capable. I won't believe I'm incapable.
People DO want to hear what I have to say. I won't believe I'm a looser.
I CAN inspire, encourage, build and challenge people. I won't believe they may not be interested.


Over the next few years, I want to take you on the journey with me as I begin to believe the truths that are before me instead of the lies. 

(Image from: lifehopeandtruth.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment